Info Available At www.SouthParkStudios.com
Located At 450 2nd Avenue (at 1st Avenue & J Street) In San Diego
"South Park" Fan Experience Part Of COMEDY CENTRAL's Ongoing "Year Of The Fan"
Celebration Of The Emmy® And Peabody® Award-Winning SeriesFans Will Have A Chance To Win A Pair Of Tickets To The
Tony® Award-Winning Musical "The Book of Mormon" Every Day Of The Experience
• A life-size replica of "South Park" Avenue.
• Interactive stations with social networking uploading capabilities including a Create Your Own Avatar station and an official badge by foursquare (see below).
• A "South Park" photo booth and a face painting station featuring famous "South Park" characters including Mitch Connor.
• A museum with "South Park"-inspired artwork by Ron English and other curated artists on display, including fan-submitted artwork chosen by English as well as "South Park" staff artwork.
• Famous "South Park" memorabilia, including the gown Matt Stone wore to the Oscars in 2000 and the original cut-outs and story boards from the early seasons of the show.
• A screening of the original, un-aired "South Park" pilot and the "South Park Bigger, Longer & Uncut" movie on Friday night at 8:00 p.m., followed by an informal Q&A session with members of the production staff.
• A center stage with "South Park" karaoke, costume competition, trivia contests and more emceed by comedian Owen Benjamin.
• A Big Wheel pedal fan prix race track.
• A school cafeteria where special edition bags of Cheesy Poofs will be given away.
• A Voice of the Fan confessional booth where South Park will interview the fans about their favorite "South Park" moment, challenge them to sing the Cheesy Poof song or the "South Park" theme song. The best recordings may be used on COMEDY CENTRAL, SouthParkStudios.com or on the upcoming Year of the Fan DVD.
COMEDY CENTRAL has teamed up with foursquare to offer the official badge of San Diego Comic- Con. The badge will be "South Park" themed and available to everyone who checks in to San Diego Comic-Con. In addition, unlocking the badge will make fans eligible to receive a special gift from COMEDY CENTRAL and foursquare at the "South Park" Year of the Fan Experience.
In addition, "South Park" will be giving away A PAIR OF TICKETS to the Tony® Award-winning musical, "THE BOOK OF MORMON," EVERY DAY at the Ultimate Fan Experience.
To celebrate the 15th season of "South Park," COMEDY CENTRAL and South Park Digital Studios will honor the fans that have turned the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning series into a cultural phenomenon with a year-long celebration, marking 2011 as "The Year of the Fan." "The Year of the Fan" brings viewers closer to "South Park" than they've ever been before, connecting them to the series in a multi-platform manner fitting for the heralded occasion, including: the Ultimate "South Park" Fan Experience at Comic-Con 2011 in San Diego; an upcoming documentary to air on COMEDY CENTRAL that takes fans behind-the-scenes of their favorite show; the introduction of Cheesy Poofs to a store near you, plus all-new never-before-seen "South Park" merchandise; and, an art exhibit curated by Ron English featuring interpretations of the series by the famed street artist and pop surrealist painter and 14 other hand-picked artists as well. "South Park" will also host on-going contests and interactive elements at SouthParkStudios.com throughout the Year of the Fan.
COMEDY CENTRAL'S "South Park" launched on August 13, 1997 and premiered its 15th season on April 27. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m. and repeats later that night at 12:00 a.m. (all times ET/PT). Fans can follow all of The Year of the Fan activities at SouthParkStudios.com.
Co-creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone are executive producers, along with Anne Garefino, of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning "South Park." Frank C. Agnone II is the supervising producer. Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are producers. "South Park's" Web site is www.southparkstudios.com.
COMEDY CENTRAL, the only all-comedy network, currently is seen in more than 98 million homes nationwide. COMEDY CENTRAL is owned by, and is a registered trademark of, Comedy Partners, a wholly-owned division of Viacom Inc.'s (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B) MTV Networks. COMEDY CENTRAL's Internet address is www.comedycentral.com. For up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs visit Press Central, COMEDY CENTRAL's press web site at www.comedycentral.com/press. Follow us on Twitter @comedycentralpr for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.
MTV Networks, a division of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), is one of the world’s leading creators of entertainment content, with brands that engage and connect diverse audiences across television, online, mobile, games, virtual worlds and consumer products. The company’s portfolio spans more than 150 television channels and 400 digital media properties worldwide, and includes MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, Nickelodeon, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., TeenNick, AddictingGames, Neopets, COMEDY CENTRAL, SPIKE, TV Land, Atom and GameTrailers .
[Source: Comedy Central – Press Release | Image Credit: Comedy Central]