Pokemon is the Poker of video games.
One of the worst things about Pokemon matches is its luck/hax algorithm that prevents that series from being a true competitive game.
The only Trainers who doesn't despise luck/hax based wins are novice Trainers, and Trainers who ranked high in the Pokemon World Championships mostly because they were lucky.
Archived in this article is a list of some of my opponents who only beat me because luck was only on their side.
- ::C-uZ:: | Male | Arizona, United States | Double battle | Notes: Won the match only because his Latios successfully used Protect four times in a row, while my Dark Pokemon was poisoned.
- ASH | Male | Florida, United States | Single battle | Notes: Rock Slide has a mere 30% chance of causing the target to flinch, but this Trainer's Durant was lucky enough to flinch my Pokemon two times in a row for the win.
Badass Panda | Male | New York, United States | Single battle | Notes: This Trainer's Dragonite successfully used Dragon Rush with a 75 percent accuracy three times in a row; meanwhile, my Cofagrigus' Will-O-Wisp with a 85 percent accuracy failed two times in a row.
- Brett | Female | Florida, United States | Single battle | Notes: My Deoxys' Psycho Boost, which has a 90% accuracy, missed her Slaking two times in a row.
- CARLOS | Male | Alabama, United States | Single battle | Notes: Relied on three critical hits to win the match.
Firyal | Female | Hokkaido, Japan | Single battle | Notes: My Rayquaza's V-create with a 95% accuracy missed this players Pokemon two times in a row.
Flo | Male | Île-de-France, France | Single battle | Notes: Flinched my Pokemon two times in a row for an easy win.
KEIGO | Male | Aichi, Japan | Single battle | Notes: My Psycho Boost missed twice, and his Pokemon landed two critical hits.
- Keinu (ケイヌ) | Male | Miyagi, Japan | Double battle | Notes: His Gastrodon's Scaled burned my Weavile which resulted in a knockout. I was one Ice Shard away from winning the match.
Kogasa | Female | Maryland, United States | Single battle | Notes: This Trainers Zapdos fully paralyzed two of my Pokemon who didn't get to land a single hit.
- KOHEI | Male | Tokyo, Japan | Single battle | Notes: This Trainer's Tyrantrum flinched my Aggron two times in a row using Fire Fang.
- Monster | Male | Alaska, United States | Double battle | Notes: Burned two of my Pokemon using Scald once. That move only has a 30% chance of causing a burn, yet it caused a burn 100% of the time in that match.
- Omar | Male | Pennsylvania, United States | Single battle | Notes: A chance of a stage 0 critical hit is a mere 6.25%, but this Trainer's Staraptor managed to land two critical hits using Brave Bird.
- Pedro | Male | São Paulo, Brazil | Single battle | Notes: Landed three critical hits in the match without help from an item, Ability, secondary effect, etc.
- Ruby♪ | Male | Aichi, Japan | Single battle | Notes: Won only because my Victini's Blue Flare with a 93 percent accuracy missed two times in a row.
- Thor | Male | Minnesota, United States | Single battle | Notes: Landed two 6.25% critical hits, while my Will-O-Wisp, with an 85% accuracy missed.